Sunday, October 12, 2014

Halloween Card for Grown Ups

This card resulted from a failed experiment.  I had the brilliant idea of cutting out a spiderweb from a sheet of Scor Tape using my Cameo.  That part was easy.  Taking just the spiderweb outline off from the cutting mat--lord, you would not believe the amount of cursing going in this place.  I finally gave up on that but did manage to save most of the rest of the sticky web.  I placed it on cardstock and brushed on Pearl Ex to de-sticky the Scor Tape.  It turned out fab.  I cut out the spider from holographic glitter paper using the Cameo and then added the sentiment in embossed black for contrast.   Btw, the web extends to the back as does the chalkboard effect with the Pearl Ex

The Details:  Recollections glitter paper, black 110 lb cardstock, and sentiment, spider & spider web from my Cameo, Pearl Ex in Micropearl, Versamark, Stampendous Detail Fine Black embossing powder


I'm entering this in Less is More #193 One Layer Card, Without Words "Boo!", Crazy for CAS #55 One Layer Stamped Card, CAS on Sunday #44 Emboss It

Update 10/13/14:  I hadn't realized that LIM was a OLC featuring two of something so I'm withdrawing it.  Oops!

9 comments:

  1. What a very clever technique to create your spider web!
    Unfortunately our challenge this week is to use two of something for a one layer creation so your card isn't eligible.
    Do join us again!

    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure what your 2 of something for our challenge is, but it's a great technique!
    Is the spider an embellishment?
    It's a stunning make however.
    Thank you very much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see the spider as an embellishment, so this is not a one layer card. But it is great anyway. Miranda "CFC"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Toni, fantastic failed experiment, maybe the 2 are the web and the sipder ;).
    Fantastic technique and great card.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning and scary card Toni but I can't make out what your '2 of something' is.
    thanks for sharing your card and hope you'll join again sometime
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Without Words this month with your super project, it really has the wow factor, but unfortunately (and I am sorry) it doesn't comply with our challenge rules so you will not be eligible for the prize this time. I hope you will join us again sometime with a handcoloured CAS card.. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry the card does not meet the 'one-layer-challenge'.... Thanks for wanting to join CFC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a great card love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!