Friday, April 17, 2015

Just Peachy

I'm giving this card  to a college roommate's mom who is now is assisted living.  I was really saddened to hear that.  It turns out she lives just a few miles from my house so I will be visiting her tomorrow.   I hope this card brightens up her day.

I'm still playing with the Copics and enjoy them so much.   I find that they're quickly becoming my favorite coloring medium, even over my beloved Distress Inks.  I can just pick them up and start whereas with Distress Inks I need a cup of water, a towel, etc.   Plus I have to keep the cat out of the water!   With this card, I kept the colors really simple using only shades of green, yellow and orange-reds.  Pinks and purples next time maybe.

The Details:  Penny Black You Are a Peach by Mo Manning, Hammermill 80lb coverstock, Recollections 110lb white cardstock, Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Lil' Inker Shiny Happy sentiments, Sakura white pigment pen, Simon Says stitched rectangle die

I'm entering this in Fantasy Stampers 34 CAS, As You Like It Fav Alcohol Markers or Distress Inks, and Mod Squad Wheel in the Color

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet...she's going to love it.
    You're rockin' the copics! Hope you've been enjoying the awesome weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - congrats on your Inkspirational win - honored to be featured along with you and Ashwini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is, you ROCK Copics, Miss Toni, so I hope you use them often! This sweet card will be treasured and admired!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This such a sweet image and you have coloured it beautifully, love the bright colours you chose.
    Thanks for linking up with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so sweet, very colourful, sure to cheer her up, love it. Thanks for sharing over on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this little sweetie just makes me smile. Your coloring is just beautiful, you certainly did that image justice!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, so adorable Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color wheel choices, gorgeous card. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so beautiful, Toni. I love your colouring, the bright colours and image. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab design, Toni - love the bold colour choices. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!