Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wonderful Gerberas

I had such fun working this card up for the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge this month which is all about coloring.  I love coloring.  I love flowers.  I love coloring flowers.  Hmm, that wasn't hard to figure out what would be the focus of my card, huh?

I chose a digi from Power Poppy, printing it out at default size.  I started out with the melon then yellow flower.  The burgundy flower?  Yeah, that started out bright pink.  Like what was I thinking pink (RV00, 02 and 04).  I first layered on R22 to tone it down but it was still too bright relative to the other flowers so I went way deeper with R37 and R39 shadow.  Now it looks like the bright pink is intentional highlighting.  Shh, let's keep it between ourselves.  :)

Now color up whatever your like and share it with us.  It is so fun and amazing to see what you create for our challenges--truly inspiring!

The Details:  Power Poppy Gerbera Daisies, Hero Arts tiny bee, Copics, PTI 140lb white cardstock base, Crafter's Companion 80lb cardstock, mystery green that I love because of the pebbly texture (Bazzil maybe)


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Toni. I'm with you ... I love colouring, I love flowers and I LOVE colouring flowers! :) This is gorgeous. Your colouring is fantastic with the shading, and the pink is the perfect highlight for your burgundy flower! :) Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring, Toni! Love your beautiful flowers and how you incorporated the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall colors, Toni! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers and colouring are amazing, Toni. I love the two together as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers make a really dramatic statement Toni.
    Simply super!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring on the flowers is fabulous, love the rich colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful- they remind me the fall mums! (love the burgundy!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blooms .... I love the colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the late visit, teamie, completely forgot to pop by earlier and leave some love.
    I adore gerberas and the colours you used here are fabulous, love the addition of the cute little bees too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the late commenting Toni but, as you probably know, I have been away for nearly all of September (without internet), so have been unable to. Love those fabulous warm colours that you have used on these beautiful, bold, blooms! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!