Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Guest Designing at the Color Throwdown!

Today I am guest designing for the Color Throwdown.  Woo hoo!  I was so excited when I saw the inspiration pic this round.  I could totally do that on my front door . . . but I won't get around to it so I'll make a card instead!


I love, love, love the citrusy plaid of my card with the aqua blue accents (thanks to The Heart Desires for enabling me and my plaid obsession).  Talk about pop, pop, pop!  Plus, I got to use a fluffy cloud die with a unicorn.  A unicorn!  And do you see the texture on the white background?  That's Tim Holtz watercolor paper leftovers.  I love that texture but usually use the plain side for watercoloring so what a treat to use it on the flip.

The Details:  
Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Ranger Multi Matte Medium, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Paper, Mama Elephant Unicorns and Rainbows, and Landscape Trio die, Savvy Hello die, Waltzing Mouse stitched scalloped rectangle die, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, gold Smooch, Copic E0000, E01, 0, BG11, BG13, BG15, white pigment pen

I'm entering this in Cards in Envy Flowers and/or Fantasy    

8 comments:

  1. what a sweet card! I love the whimsical feel of this and that plaid rocks! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweetheart of a card, Toni! LOVE that plaid with the unicorn and puffy cloud border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love your sweet unicorn and fun plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm in love with that gorgeous plaid! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and adorable unicorn! Love the colors!! Thanks for sharing with us for our flowers or fantasy card challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable unicorn and great design!! Thanks so much for helping us out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love the paper!
    Do drop in and play Paru's Card Making Challenges ..'Anything Goes' April Challenge.
    http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your fun unicorn!!! super cute!!! Thanks for sharing with us for our flowers or fantasy card challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!