Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cards in Envy Red, White and Blue

Time for another Cards in Envy challenge for you! This time we're asking you to create a card using the colors red, white and blue, in whatever way you like.

With those colors, I immediately thought of our flag but I have to admit it was difficult at first for me to even contemplate making a patriotic card. There's not a lot to be proud of right now. However, the ever so cute sentiment from The Greeting Farm gave me just the inspiration I needed to riff on our flag, parades and, of course, glitter.

I first stamped out the kitties, masking off the second one to replace balls with stars. It was fun experimenting with cat colors. Next I cut 1/4" strips of red glitter cardstock and adhered them to the card front. I embossed the sentiment and stars on a vibrant blue then cut it to fit the stripes. This is adhered on top of the glitter strips so you have depth but still envelope ready!

I'm entering this in Fusion, TIME OUT #86 Celebrations (without optional one layer twist)  


The Details: Mama Elephant Little Cat Agenda, The Greeting Farm Glitter Bomb, Hero Arts Operation Write Home (star), Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Paper Studio Red Glitter Cardstock, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder, Copics, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

  1. What a funny card! One you get a smile from! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This adorable! Great job! Wishing you a super Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Toni! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Love the Mama Elephant cats! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! So cool! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU'RE the glitter bomb for this super cute card! Hope you had a fun 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I like your card and came to your blog to tell you so, I feel compelled to say I think it's shameful that you don't think there's anything to be proud of in our country! We have a military that fights for all of us before they think of themselves. We have a president that's trying against all odds to fix our broken systems. We can choose to fall in line with others and look for things to complain about, or we can decide to look for the good. I look for the good. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!