Saturday, April 21, 2018

SOSS #108 - X is for Xyloid


Did you have to look up "xyloid?" I sure as heck did. I'll save you the trouble:

"resembling wood : having the qualities or nature of wood"

Oh. That's simple. Who knew, right? So bring on your xyloid for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #108! I promise I won't peek . . . much.

For my card I masked the base then used Distress Oxides to create a gradation.  The spatters, especially in the trees, reminds me of dappled leaves.  Next I diecut the trees and sponged them lightly with Vintage Photo. I think it just looks dirty in the pic but better in real life. I left some of the diecut in place and taped it on the back so it wouldn't fall out later before stamping the sentiment. Oh, the girl was masked too as I did the background. It did take some fiddling to figure out where to place her relative to the trees to get the most creep. LOL


The Details:  Love Cynthia Peek a Boo!, CZ Designs Simple Sentiments 1, MFT You Make My Day, Gina Marie Designs Tree Frame die, Craftin' Desert Divas Scene Builders Die (leaves), Distress Oxides, Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for my morning giggle, especially when I read how you masked the girl to get the most out of the "creep" Great thought to leave those pieces in to stamp the sentiment and love the water spotting (I'm not good at that) Super DT card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love this, it looks so sweet and the sentiment is all warm and fuzzy - until you scroll down and WHAM! - the second sentiment gives the whole thing a new meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! A beautiful card and a whole lot of fun snark! I had to look up the X word too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh that background!!!!
    He he he he, I love that "not in a creeper way" paired with such a cute wee lass!
    Fab job sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! And I'm with Barb, so smart to actually think ahead and leave some of the die cut trees in place to have a spot for the sentiment. I must ink up my creeper sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!